Teacher of Business
Previously known as the Bexley Business Academy, Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building.Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging Business Studies Teacher. You will need to be an outstanding teacher with a commitment and passion for your subject as well as Leadership and Learning.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified teacher (holding QTS or equivalent) to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
Our aim is to accelerate the path of the academy to becoming outstanding, so that pupils have the best possible education. Like Harris Garrard Academy, many of our academies joined the Federation having been placed into Special Measures. All are now providing a 'Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ education for students according to Ofsted.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you:
- Exceptional professional development opportunities;
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference;
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others;
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.