Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with 1050 students currently on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
We are currently seeking a Seclusion Manager to lead and manage the Seclusion room, ensuring accurate data records and a purposeful learning environment are maintained at all times.
Under the supervision of the Senior Leadership Team, the Seclusion Manager’s role is to support a small number of students located in the Seclusion room on a temporary basis due to behaviour issues. Duties will include:
- Supervision and management of Seclusion Room, ensuring students work in silence.
- Coordination of all work for students in Seclusion Room to ensure purposeful learning at all times
- Accurate reporting and logging of all behaviour incidents on Academy Management System in relation to Seclusion and Detention.
- Coordination of all detentions, ensuring standard letters are sent to parents and filed in student files
What we are looking for:
Candidates should have experience of working with children of secondary age and will need to be able to relate well with children and young people and to work constructively with challenging students whilst remaining calm. They will need to work on their own, as well as part of a team. Candidates will need good literacy and numeracy skill and be confident in the use of ICT and Management Information Systems.
For a full job description, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 41 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on 020 8681 1141.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.