Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We are looking to recruit a Premises Assistant to join our team at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich.
- To maintain the academy grounds (including grassed areas and flowerbeds)
- To keep site clear of litter and fallen leaves and empty bins regularly
- To monitor the toilets for cleanliness and replenish soap, toilet tissue and paper towels as necessary
- To regularly tour the academy: keeping corridors free from litter; removing any graffiti immediately; changing light bulbs; checking for health and safety hazards; cleaning dirty lavatories as necessary
- To lock/secure gates and access points as required
- To carry out daily health and safety checks to all playground furniture and play equipment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in working in school
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision for success at all levels
- Understanding of the importance of environment on student achievement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to do the job description
- The ability to ensure the security of the building at all times
- The ability to use their own initiative and work without supervision
- Skills to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- The ability to work with and care for young people
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above, or contact the school directly on 020 8299 5300.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.