Innovation Leader for Geography
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.73, which places us in the top 6% of schools nationally.
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Innovation Leader, who should be a qualified teacher of Geography.
May or September starts are available and will be open to negotiation based on the successful candidates. Start dates will be discussed at interview, or when visiting the academy.
With Geography teaching experience, you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of success in raising standards and in innovation. You should hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- To lead improvement in teaching and learning across the Academy, including the implementation of innovative “next” practice in literacy for learning. Promoting this practice with the educational community, across the Academy, the Harris Federation, and nationally through published articles, workshops and conferences including the Leadership and Innovation hub for London.
- Lead on specific strategies for personalising learning across the Academy that have a high impact on increasing student and performance.
- To use data analysis skills to identify and organise first class intervention strategies that ensure students maximise their potential;
- To recognise and fully utilise the power of new technologies within and across subject areas to innovate where required;
- To be an expert coach, using this skill successfully to develop our teaching staff to achieve their full potential.
- To establish successful raising achievement plans and intervention programmes for year 11 and Post 16. Utilising the flexibility of the curriculum, ICT packages and after hours programmes for intervention and support.
- To establish a successful programme that ensures all groups of students meet their targets and gaps in progress are closed. This to include students on the G&T profile.
- To support coordinators and subject leaders in developing their self-evaluation and review.
- To work closely with the Student Learning Commission of the Academy and promote achievements across the Federation and beyond.
- Leading staff and students on the development of faculty days that will be significant in raising achievement across the Academy, by developing a greater range of teaching and learning opportunities and utilising “time” more creatively;
- Provide inspiration and direction on new innovation projects that will invigorate curriculum delivery.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 6% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above, or contact the school directly on 020 8299 5300 for a confidential discussion or to arrange a visit.
Are you an Aspiring Senior Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We offer the opportunity for you to gain your NPQSL qualification, a dynamic development programme for middle leaders potentially one year away from senior leadership. This programme is led by some of the most talented principals in the country and delivered by high-performing principals and senior leaders with exceptional track-records. Our leaders have a wealth of knowledge and are highly experienced in improving outcomes for students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.